Agathon Group has an opening for a full-time, 100% remote L2/L3 Support Engineer to assist in the support of our WordPress-based independent publisher hosting platform.
We provide hosting and expert services that provide our publishers with a fast and stable platform to allow them to get their voice heard while maximizing their ad revenues. The successful candidate must be able to work remotely and independently with little supervision, and must be a US citizen; we are not sponsoring employment visas at this time. There is no location requirement, but significant overlap with US Eastern time zone is desired. The position requires you to be on call regularly; this is shared with other team members.
- L2/L3 support duties to include responding to support tickets, resolving problems that get escalated from L1/L2 support, and escalating problems to the Director of Hosting as necessary.
- Responding promptly and professionally to clients and vendors via email or phone.
- Troubleshooting and correcting system configuration or performance issues.
- Migrating sites from other hosting providers to Agathon’s platform, or between Agathon’s platforms.
- Monitoring nightly/weekly/monthly systems emails for anomalies and resolving the underlying problems.
- Contributing light system administration duties: maintaining firewall rules, networking, hardware diagnosis, others as necessary.
- Minimum three years of direct experience administering the following in a production environment:
- Linux (at least CentOS and Ubuntu)
- NGINX and Apache/httpd
- Demonstrable Bash scripting skills (other languages are a bonus).
- Solid data-driven understanding of service configuration, testing, debugging, and optimization – you’re writing the scripts, not just running them.
- Deep knowledge of DNS concepts (recursive resolvers vs. content servers, delegation, TTLs).
- Familiarity with networking concepts and experience writing and maintaining iptables rulesets.
- Confidence to apply what you know, humility to learn what you don’t yet know, and a spirit of collaboration to help figure out what none of us yet knows.
- Empathy for our clients’ needs and a commitment to answering them patiently and without condescension.
- Internally motivated to provide excellent, complete solutions for thorny problems.
- Experience with Ansible or other IaC platforms.
- Ability to read/write/debug PHP, especially within the WordPress framework.
- Experience with OnApp cloud platform.
- Experience with djbdns.
How to Apply
Send your resume as PDF (text or PDF cover letter optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are not able to review resumes in any other format.